Tuesday 12 May 2015

Green Ribbon Speech by Oliver Duffy

Hi all,

The following is the speech delivered by Oliver Duffy at the Green Ribbon event that was held at the recent RPCP Thank You Party, which was well written and well delivered! Well done Oliver!

"What life throws at a person can sometimes be hard and very challenging. Our lives can change in ways we never imagined.

 When I consider the issue of Mental Health I often think that it's so important that each 
psychiatric service user knows that they are so much more of a person that what diagnosis has been 
handed down to them.

 Each and every person with Mental Health Issues still has their own personal gifts and talents, 
qualities and abilities. We all sometimes have to work hard to see beyond our own diagnosis to our 
talents and our own very special gifts.

 When I think of Stigma I consider that we must rise above Stigma and in a sense be bigger and 
braver than the issue of Stigma. We must remember our own abilities and talents, and rise above 
Stigma.

 That is why today I am launching the 'Green Ribbon' campaign, because it is so important to 
overcome Stigma in our society.

 My name is Oliver Duffy and I hope my Speech today will be a good launch to our 'Green Ribbon' 

Campaign.

Thank you Everyone."

Blog Archive