A very interesting article on Mindfulness was published today on TheJournal.ie, written by Michelle Hennessy.
"Mindfulness therapy can be as good as medication for preventing depressive relapses.
The alternative treatment helps patients learn how to respond more constructively to their thoughts and feelings."
Journal reader Aine Nibhern also states that Mindfulness can also be very effective when used in conjunction with WRAP:
"Mindfulness is useful for a lot of people in the modern world.
As part of Recovery it can also be incorporated into a WRAP plan (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) to remind the person to continue to practice it. WRAP is evidence based. The 5 key concepts are Hope, Personal Responsibility, Self-advocacy, Education and Support. It can be used in mental health, addictions, weight loss etc."
Click HERE to read the full article
- ► 2018 (36)
- ► 2017 (60)
- ► 2016 (68)
- The Big Thank You Party Thursday 7th May at 1pm
- Gateway is saying goodbye to RPCP next month and m...
- Free Employability Skills Training
- Mindfulness article on The Journal
- D12 Community Mental Health Forum
- Mental Health Commission Study for health professi...
- D12DMAP GARDENING GROUP 2015 - SPACES NOW OPEN
- Hearing Voices Workshop
- April 2015 Monthly Schedule
- April 2015 Newsletter
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2014 (98)
- ► 2013 (102)
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (65)