The Aims of the Taking Control Workshop are:
- To build resilience in the face of life challenges and setbacks.
- To enhance coping skills, especially pre existing ones.
- To build and support self esteem and confidence.
After participating, people will:
- Be aware of positive factors in their lives.
- List positive skills and knowledge they bring forward with them.
- Recognise the physical, mental and emotional effect of stressors.
- Have action plans to safeguard against these stressors.
- Be aware of opportunities and avenues open to them.
- Know professional supports available to them.
- Have set goals and have created an action plan around these.
The workshop is divided into 4 modules:
Module 1. Self Esteem and Positivity.
Module 2. My Coping Skills.
Module 3. Changing the Weather in my Head. Signposting my Supports and Paths to my New Life.
Module 4. Being Resilient. Taking Control.
How to participate
Workshops take place over a couple of hours and are free. Dates for the workshops at Gateway are Monday 26th or Thursday 29th January 2015 - let us know which date suits you best - times will be confirmed in January. If interested please contact a project worker in drop in or Fionn on 01-4965558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“SHINE - Supporting People Affected By Mental Ill Health” has developed this programme. See their website for more information about recovery and wellbeing education courses. They also have a new app for smartphones supporting this programme - find out more here: http://shineonline.ie/index.php/news/346