Tuesday 29 April 2014

Education & Training... Act The Maggot returns to Gateway!




Gateway Project's education and training programme kicked off in full glory with the long awaited return of Act The Maggot to the Project.


This 7 week fun and creative drama programme works to build confidence and positive living through creative expression in a relaxed, safe and energised social environment among like minded people.

"Act The Maggot has been developing these specifically tailored courses to work with people who are taking small, positive steps towards minding their own mental health. Act The Maggot is very happy to be working with the staff and members of Gateway. Such a great bunch of people. Long may our relationship continue."  Amy Redmond

Some comments by members who completed the course in December 2012:

“It was a fun and enjoyable introduction to learning through drama.”

“This Act The Maggot course is a friendly, fun gathering. Makes us look forward to living again. I’d like to do this four times a year. I’m so sorry that it has ended. I wish I could be looking forward to another!”

“It was a relaxed setting where I got to know a really nice group of people and also learned stuff about myself.”

“It took me out of thinking inwardly and helped me look at the bigger picture.”

“It made me realise the importance of physical exercise.”

“I have learned how to relax when I am stressed.”

“Most of all, I enjoyed the role play of situations that actually happened in our lives. I would have preferred more time with this.”

“I enjoyed the variety of activities and not knowing what was coming next.”

“It was great to have somewhere to go each week to help take my mind off my problems.”

“The teacher made it. She put us at our ease with relaxation techniques and we had plenty of laugh and fun times.”

See their website for more details of courses running locally if you missed this one: www.actthemaggot.com

Act The Maggot will run for 7 lucky weeks every Wednesday in Parker Hill from 1-3pm until early June ~ Yay!


Happy Maggoting folks :)

 

 
 

Blog Archive